Woman now in custody for unusual hit-and-run wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is now in custody after police say she hit a local high school student with her car, left him a religious pamphlet and took off.
We told you on Monday that Aida Hillen was charged with felony failure to stop and render aid for the accident. We're told Hillen turned herself in at about 5pm Monday, shortly after our report aired.
Investigators say back in October, she hit a 15-year-old student trying to cross Broadway in front of Milby High School in southeast Houston, left the pamphlet and took off.
The student suffered bruised ribs, but is otherwise OK
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 35 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 24 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 43 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 23 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today