Woman now in custody for unusual hit-and-run wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is now in custody after police say she hit a local high school student with her car, left him a religious pamphlet and took off.
We told you on Monday that Aida Hillen was charged with felony failure to stop and render aid for the accident. We're told Hillen turned herself in at about 5pm Monday, shortly after our report aired.
Investigators say back in October, she hit a 15-year-old student trying to cross Broadway in front of Milby High School in southeast Houston, left the pamphlet and took off.
The student suffered bruised ribs, but is otherwise OK
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 37 min ago
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 59 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker 48 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 36 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck with pickup truck 20 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- David Tillman's Saturday weather forecast
33 min ago