HPD: Man kills himself at scene of sex assault
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man reportedly killed himself Saturday at a home in northeast Houston.
Police were called to the 4400 block Denmark Road near Crosstimbers and Hirsch around 10pm Saturday.
According to a Houston Police Department spokesperson, there was a report of a sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl at the location.
When police arrived, they found the door open and went inside.
The girl was located and taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Officers then found a locked door in the back bedroom. They identified themselves as police and then heard a gunshot.
The SWAT team responded and found a man in the room with self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Rodney Estrada, 41, was dead at the scene.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 5 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 31 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 58 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 20 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
27 min ago