Rookie HPD K9 nabs three suspects on first night
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new police dog tracked down three burglary suspects northeast Houston on its first night on the job, officials said
Police responded to a silent alarm at the E-Z Pawn on Mesa and Tidwell around 4am Sunday. When they reached the store, they saw three men running out the back of the business.
Officials said the men ran into a wooded area and police called in a K9 unit. It was a new dog and a new handler.
The dog found all three suspects, and even came out with one of the men's shoes in its mouth. One of the suspects was bitten, officials said.
The alleged burglary trio was arrested. Police said they found a video game system that was taken from the store on one of the suspects. It was unclear what else was taken.
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 24 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final