Local DJ raises funds, cuts hair for good cause
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A local radio DJ is shaving her head for a good cause.
Hot 95.7 DJ Sarah Pepper was one of several nominees for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society Woman of the Year Award. She raises funds to support the society.
She made a promise that if she raised $50,000, she would donate her hair to Locks of Love. Pepper surpassed her goal and raised $52,000.
She says she didn't win Woman of the Year but did take home the Houston Citizenship Award.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry bears down on Mexico's coast 21 min ago
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 29 min ago
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos