St. Pius pitcher eyed by MLB scouts
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- St. Pius X High School pitcher Kohl Stewart has committed to play both baseball and football for the Aggies, but Saturday night against Chavez High School, Stewart showed why most project him to go in the top five to 10 picks in June's major league draft.
Just about every MLB team was present to see Stewart do his stuff.
Stewart went three innings with no hits, striking out six. His fastball clocked in the mid-90s.
And, on top of all that, he hit a home run in St. Pius' 10-2 victory.
sports, bob slovak
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 20 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 17 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
33 min ago