Cruise regrets 'Today' outburst
NEW YORK -- It took a few years, but Tom Cruise says he regrets the tongue-lashing he gave Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show the last time he was on.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
Cruise says he didn't intend to come across as arrogant when he criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants in 2005. The conversation grew heated when the star told Lauer he was glib and didn't know about psychiatry.
Cruise, who has been a Scientologist for 25 years, agrees with the religion's long-running campaign against psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry.
The mea culpa comes as Cruise is making rounds on talk-shows to promote his new movie, "Valkyrie."
Cruise stars as a would-be assassin of Adolf Hitler in "Valkyrie," which is to be released December 25.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 33 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 28 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 21 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 34 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 42 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop 52 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 23 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
8 min ago
- Taking Rodeo fun to the extreme
48 min ago