Cruise regrets 'Today' outburst
NEW YORK -- It took a few years, but Tom Cruise says he regrets the tongue-lashing he gave Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show the last time he was on.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
Cruise says he didn't intend to come across as arrogant when he criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants in 2005. The conversation grew heated when the star told Lauer he was glib and didn't know about psychiatry.
Cruise, who has been a Scientologist for 25 years, agrees with the religion's long-running campaign against psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry.
The mea culpa comes as Cruise is making rounds on talk-shows to promote his new movie, "Valkyrie."
Cruise stars as a would-be assassin of Adolf Hitler in "Valkyrie," which is to be released December 25.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind 38 min ago
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 27 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 14 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies 19 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?