Busiest mailing days expected this week
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you're going to be mailing a holiday present this week, you're not alone.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
FedEx and the US Postal Service expect Monday to be their busiest processing day of the year, with an estimated 960 million pieces of mail entering the system. That's nearly double the average daily volume throughout the year. The busiest delivery day is expected to be Wednesday.
Keep in mind, the deadline to send gifts by parcel post is Tuesday to make sure they arrive by Christmas. Saturday is the deadline for Priority Mail and Dec. 23 is the deadline for Express Mail.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 5 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 39 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 51 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 34 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 41 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 39 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 7 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!