Busiest mailing days expected this week
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you're going to be mailing a holiday present this week, you're not alone.
[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]
FedEx and the US Postal Service expect Monday to be their busiest processing day of the year, with an estimated 960 million pieces of mail entering the system. That's nearly double the average daily volume throughout the year. The busiest delivery day is expected to be Wednesday.
Keep in mind, the deadline to send gifts by parcel post is Tuesday to make sure they arrive by Christmas. Saturday is the deadline for Priority Mail and Dec. 23 is the deadline for Express Mail.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 51 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package 14 min ago
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen 42 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo
- Judge: Cake maker must serve gay couples