More fallout from 13 Undercover investigation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- 13 Undercover has learned top port officials have asked the Harris County district attorney to launch criminal probe late Monday.Our sources say the request came from embattled Port Chairman Jim Edmonds and Port President Alec Dreyer. It's the latest fallout from 13 Undercover's Port of Plenty investigation of possible ethics violations misuse of port funds and violations or port policy.
The request comes after county attorney announces own probe and calls to end tax support for port. Last year, Harris County taxpayers paid $53 million to help pay port bond. We reported last week the port had $200 million in cash and investments on hand; this, while hundreds of county workers are being laid off.
It's unclear how this will impact a task force investigation announced by the county attorney's office.
13 undercover, wayne dolcefino
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 21 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe 11 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it terminated
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- Katy rolls to playoff win over Manvel
6 min ago