Ex-Liberty Co. judge pleads guilty to defrauding gov't during Ike cleanup
BEAUMONT, TX (KTRK) -- We have a major development in a 13 Undercover investigation.
Word from Beaumont is that former Liberty County Judge Phil Fitzgerald has pleaded guilty to one count of defrauding the government during the Hurricane Ike cleanup.
Fitzgerald was indicted last year, after 13 Undercover exposed his family had been paid close to a million dollars from the hurricane cleanup.
No one is talking about the details of the plea. No date for sentencing has been set either.
The feds are also investigating hurricane contracts handed out in Chambers County.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
10 min ago