Ex-Liberty Co. judge pleads guilty to defrauding gov't during Ike cleanup
BEAUMONT, TX (KTRK) -- We have a major development in a 13 Undercover investigation.
Word from Beaumont is that former Liberty County Judge Phil Fitzgerald has pleaded guilty to one count of defrauding the government during the Hurricane Ike cleanup.
Fitzgerald was indicted last year, after 13 Undercover exposed his family had been paid close to a million dollars from the hurricane cleanup.
No one is talking about the details of the plea. No date for sentencing has been set either.
The feds are also investigating hurricane contracts handed out in Chambers County.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 47 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 2 min ago
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 36 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 10 min ago
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies