FBI investigating Harris Co. Pct. 1 Constable's Office, watch Eyewitness News at 10pm
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A federal investigation is underway, and the target is the office of longtime Harris County Constable Jack Abercia.
13 Undercover has learned FBI agents delivered a subpoena for personnel records to Precinct 1 headquarters.
The FBI will not confirm or deny an investigation is underway, but other sources confirm the probe centers on possible bribery in the hiring of a deputy.
There are now three Harris County constables under criminal investigation, sparked by 13 Undercover reports this fall detailing pressure on deputies to give money to their bosses campaigns and charity.
Victor Trevino in Precinct 6 is under investigation for alleged misuse of equipment and personnel, and possible misuse of charity funds.
Constable May Walker is under scrutiny for possible misuse of funds, operating her campaign out of a county office, and potentially illegal raffles to raise campaign cash.
And now Constable Abercia is under scrutiny. He's been a fixture downtown for decades.
Get the latest details on Eyewitness News at Ten. And you can see how our constable stories unfolded on the 13 Undercover page don't forget you can also track all the evidence on 13 Undercover interactive.
13 undercover, wayne dolcefino
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 55 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos