FBI investigating Harris Co. Pct. 1 Constable's Office, watch Eyewitness News at 10pm
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A federal investigation is underway, and the target is the office of longtime Harris County Constable Jack Abercia.
13 Undercover has learned FBI agents delivered a subpoena for personnel records to Precinct 1 headquarters.
The FBI will not confirm or deny an investigation is underway, but other sources confirm the probe centers on possible bribery in the hiring of a deputy.
There are now three Harris County constables under criminal investigation, sparked by 13 Undercover reports this fall detailing pressure on deputies to give money to their bosses campaigns and charity.
Victor Trevino in Precinct 6 is under investigation for alleged misuse of equipment and personnel, and possible misuse of charity funds.
Constable May Walker is under scrutiny for possible misuse of funds, operating her campaign out of a county office, and potentially illegal raffles to raise campaign cash.
And now Constable Abercia is under scrutiny. He's been a fixture downtown for decades.
Get the latest details on Eyewitness News at Ten. And you can see how our constable stories unfolded on the 13 Undercover page don't forget you can also track all the evidence on 13 Undercover interactive.
13 undercover, wayne dolcefino
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 52 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 19 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 25 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans