Constable May Walker appears before grand jury about possible wrongdoing inside Precinct 7
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Another Harris County official spent the day in the grand jury room amid a widening investigation into Precinct 7.
Just a few weeks after the FBI swept out Harris Co. Precinct 1 Constable Jack Abercia in a corruption scandal, now it's Constable May Walker facing trouble.
The Precinct 7 constable didn't testify before the grand jury Tuesday, but spent much of the day trying to hide her face from our camera. Her top aide, Lieutenant Sylvia Trevino, was in the grand jury room all day.
This DA investigation was sparked after 13 Undercover found campaign records in Lt. Trevino's office at Precinct 7 -- evidence the constable used her county staff to solicit campaign funds from employees based on their rank.
Constable Walker has denied wrongdoing.
And she's not the last constable under criminal investigation. Employees from Precinct 6 Constable Victor Trevino's office have been filing into the DA's office and the county auditor. All signs of widening investigations that we are on top of.
13 undercover, wayne dolcefino
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 34 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 24 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man