Harris County responds to 13 Undercover's ethics probe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's fallout from the latest 13 Undercover exclusive.
Despite all the uproar over possible misconduct by county officials, 13 Undercover showed you Monday night the county ethics committee hasn't met in more than two years. Now, the county is starting to respond.
County officials are scrambling in the wake of Monday night's report to prove they really do have an ethics policy, even if it seems no one is enforcing it.
Now for the first time, county employees can go the county website and they can see the ethics policy, down at the bottom. It's brand new. You even have a person you can actually complain to about ethics. Her name is Ericka Owens and her number is 713-755-4390.
Perhaps the county attorney's office should take a special look at this provision of the county's ethics ordinance:
"County property will not be used to engage in political campaign activities, nor will personnel influence subordinates to participate or contribute to political campaigns."
You've seen lots of records lately from us showing they do that a lot at the county, but no one has been punished.
Of course, if you don't trust the county to do the right thing, you can always complain to us. Do it anyway.
13 undercover, wayne dolcefino
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 15 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen 6 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired 25 min ago
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment 25 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported 25 min ago
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo 25 min ago
- Judge: Cake maker must serve gay couples 25 min ago