Students suspended for mixing up sugary "Happy Crack"
(5/18/06 - PENN HILLS, PA) -- Critics say it's an overreaction. Some elementary school students in Pennsylvania got suspended for mixing up sugar and Kool-Aid crystals -- and calling it "Happy Crack."
Officials in the Penn Hills School District said the kids were imitating drug activity. They put the mixture in plastic bags and labeled it "Happy Crack."
But some parents don't think that should have gotten the students suspended from Shenandoah Elementary School.
And at least one school board member agrees. She says the colored mixture looked like the grainy candy found inside Pixy Stix -- and she didn't see anything wrong with it.
The principal and school superintendent haven't commented on the incident.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?
- David Tillman's weather forecast
45 min ago