Foal born in NH may be world's tiniest
BARNSTEAD, NH -- A diminutive horse born in New Hampshire could lay claim to the world record for lightweight foal.
The pinto stallion named Einstein weighed just 6 pounds and measured 14 inches tall when he was born Friday in Barnstead, N.H. Those proportions fit a human baby just about right but are downright tiny for horse, even a miniature breed like Einstein.
Dr. Rachel Wagner, Einstein's co-owner, says the Guinness Book of Records lists the smallest newborn horse as weighing in at 9 pounds.
Breeders say that unlike the current record holder, Thumbelina, Einstein shows no signs of dwarfism. He's just a tiny horse.
new hampshire, bizarre
- Child killed by falling tree branch 48 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Dead man found tied up in home in Fort Bend County 29 min ago
- TV co-host dies in motorcycle crash 45 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby