Foal born in NH may be world's tiniest
BARNSTEAD, NH -- A diminutive horse born in New Hampshire could lay claim to the world record for lightweight foal.
The pinto stallion named Einstein weighed just 6 pounds and measured 14 inches tall when he was born Friday in Barnstead, N.H. Those proportions fit a human baby just about right but are downright tiny for horse, even a miniature breed like Einstein.
Dr. Rachel Wagner, Einstein's co-owner, says the Guinness Book of Records lists the smallest newborn horse as weighing in at 9 pounds.
Breeders say that unlike the current record holder, Thumbelina, Einstein shows no signs of dwarfism. He's just a tiny horse.
new hampshire, bizarre
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 5 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 29 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife 33 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus 21 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 19 min ago
- Students prep for national robotics...
25 min ago