Mayor's ex-con brother opens sandwich shop
PROVIDENCE, RI -- A former attorney whose brother is the mayor of Providence, R.I., has gone from federal prison inmate to sandwich shop owner.
The new business is called Federal Wrap.
John Cicilline tells The Providence Journal that he became known for making wraps while in federal prison, where he was sent in 2008 after pleading guilty to shaking down a pair of drug dealers.
He was released in February and opened the shop in April with financing from family and friends. His menu is filled with wraps named for other inmates at the Fort Devens federal prison in Massachusetts.
The office of Mayor David Cicilline says that, as with every new business in Providence, the mayor hopes his brother's new enterprise is a success.
rhode island, bizarre
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 41 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 47 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans