Massive cheese crash closes interstate
SALEM, SD -- Cheese anyone? A semi-truck loaded with more than 17,000 pounds of cheese crashed on I-90 Thursday morning.
South Dakota troopers shutdown the highway for about five hours while front-end loaders and dump trucks hauled away the mess. The highway patrol reports the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was charged.
The semi rolled, spilling its of load of 25 giant blocks of cheese, weighing about 700 pounds each. All that cheese -- and not a cracker in sight.
south dakota, bizarre
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 14 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
15 min ago