Massive cheese crash closes interstate
SALEM, SD -- Cheese anyone? A semi-truck loaded with more than 17,000 pounds of cheese crashed on I-90 Thursday morning.
South Dakota troopers shutdown the highway for about five hours while front-end loaders and dump trucks hauled away the mess. The highway patrol reports the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was charged.
The semi rolled, spilling its of load of 25 giant blocks of cheese, weighing about 700 pounds each. All that cheese -- and not a cracker in sight.
south dakota, bizarre
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 32 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 34 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 33 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- Mutton bustin' champ had second thoughts
25 min ago