Man accused of keeping rattlers in apartment
MALTA, ID -- An Idaho man who authorities say had 25 Western rattlesnakes in a five-gallon bucket in his apartment has been issued two misdemeanor citations by the state's Department of Fish and Game.
Officials say Terry Brian Teeter had as many as 32 snakes but he gave some away and ate two others.
The 38-year-old Teeter says he was unaware a license is needed to hunt rattlesnakes in Idaho. He says he also didn't know that there's a limit of four rattlers a year.
Teeter says he was trying to find a buyer for the snakes and had contacted a Utah research center which milks snakes for venom.
Teeter received the citations in May that list possession, transport or shipment of wildlife. He has a sentencing scheduled on Friday in district court on a possible plea agreement.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat