Man accused of keeping rattlers in apartment
MALTA, ID -- An Idaho man who authorities say had 25 Western rattlesnakes in a five-gallon bucket in his apartment has been issued two misdemeanor citations by the state's Department of Fish and Game.
Officials say Terry Brian Teeter had as many as 32 snakes but he gave some away and ate two others.
The 38-year-old Teeter says he was unaware a license is needed to hunt rattlesnakes in Idaho. He says he also didn't know that there's a limit of four rattlers a year.
Teeter says he was trying to find a buyer for the snakes and had contacted a Utah research center which milks snakes for venom.
Teeter received the citations in May that list possession, transport or shipment of wildlife. He has a sentencing scheduled on Friday in district court on a possible plea agreement.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive