Man accused of keeping rattlers in apartment
MALTA, ID -- An Idaho man who authorities say had 25 Western rattlesnakes in a five-gallon bucket in his apartment has been issued two misdemeanor citations by the state's Department of Fish and Game.
Officials say Terry Brian Teeter had as many as 32 snakes but he gave some away and ate two others.
The 38-year-old Teeter says he was unaware a license is needed to hunt rattlesnakes in Idaho. He says he also didn't know that there's a limit of four rattlers a year.
Teeter says he was trying to find a buyer for the snakes and had contacted a Utah research center which milks snakes for venom.
Teeter received the citations in May that list possession, transport or shipment of wildlife. He has a sentencing scheduled on Friday in district court on a possible plea agreement.
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 30 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 30 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos