Iowa teen can't stop hitting deer
DES MOINES, IA -- A central Iowa teen has earned the nickname "The Deer Magnet" after hitting five deer in the past year.
Seventeen-year-old Kacee Larson of Conrad says her string of bad luck began last July when she was driving home from her job at an ice cream shop. She saw the deer an instant before hitting it.
Larson's second collision happened a few months later, while she was driving to church on a Sunday morning.
The streak continued. After Larson hit her fourth deer, her pastor's wife advised her to start praying before she got into a vehicle.
Larson says was doing just that Friday when she hit her fifth deer. The crash totaled her minivan, and the air bag left bruises on her arms.
Larson says she can't help asking: "Why me?"
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck