Man tattoos face after radio station joke
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
CHICAGO, IL -- Everyone has regrets in life. But usually those mistakes are not as obvious to everyone else.
David Jonathan Winkelman got the call letters and logo for radio station KORB tattooed on his forehead.The 48-year-old heard the station jokingly offer a six-figure payout for any listeners who dared to do it. When the station explained that it was just a stunt, Winkelman sued, claiming the station was trying to permanently mark listeners so that they could "be publicly scorned and ridiculed for their greed and lack of common good sense." The mug shot above is the result of Winkelman's arrest last week in Davenport, Iowa. He's charged with failing to appear in court for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent. Winkleman's stepson got the tattoo as well in the same place. But he's had some good luck -- no mug shot. It gets worse. The radio station has since changed its call letters and switched from hard rock to easy listening.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle