Step right up and dunk Anthony lookalike? No more
LEXINGTON, KY -- Organizers at a Kentucky carnival have shut down a booth in which a Casey Anthony lookalike taunted fairgoers to dunk her.
The Bluegrass Fair is sponsored by the Lexington Lions Club and the dunking booth had been promoted on social media. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports the Lions Club cited "growing public sentiment" in deciding to close the game Tuesday.
Some viewers of Anthony's televised murder trial were outraged after the Florida woman was acquitted this month of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
Fair Chairman Ron Mossotti said an event management company presented the idea of the dunking booth in which the lookalike sat on a platform labeled "innocent" and fairgoers aimed for a target labeled "guilty."
Mossotti said most people laughed though some found it tasteless and tacky.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 40 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 8 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker truck 1 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 49 min ago
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 47 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands