Police: Cannabis on busy Vienna thoroughfare
VIENNA, Austria -- Vienna police have shut down an unusual cannabis "ring" -- hemp growing along the Austrian capital's busy Ring Street encircling the city's center.
Alerted by a news article about the illegal crop, police officers on Friday plucked a 200-meter (yard) stretch of green space along the three-lane street clean of the offending plants.
They acted after a Viennese biology student walking along the Ringstrasse identified the green sprouts poking through bark mulch beneath the stately trees seaming the street and told the Heute about his discovery.
Police are investigating.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 25 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone