Why cats don't make the best workout partners
BOULDER, CO (KTRK) -- If you're looking for a workout buddy, your cat may not be the best companion. A high school senior in Colorado found that out the hard way.
Seth Franco, 19, took his cat, Stella, out for an afternoon jog on Wednesday. The cat couldn't keep up and quickly began panting, so Franco tied the cat to a rock, planning to retrieve her after the run.
Unfortunately, a flock of hungry crows found Stella first. Some joggers fought to keep the crows away while Franco finished running, and when he returned, they were angry.
"And they were yelling at me, telling me I abuse my animal," said Franco. "I did not intentionally mean to abuse this animal."
Police let Stella go home with Franco since she wasn't hurt, but he is due in court on animal cruelty charges.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 33 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
14 min ago
- Supersavers on Green Monday
44 min ago