Daniel Tiffany breaks tattoo world record in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. -- A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A tattoo artist from Northern California is trying to break a world record for the longest single tattoo session by a tattoo artist. Daniel Tiffany started the effort Friday at the Tattoo Expo in Downtown Fresno. He says the lack of sleep is the toughest challenge in the endeavor.
"We got up Friday morning at about 5 o'clock, and I haven't slept since. I've been tattooing since 1:30 on Friday," said Tiffany.
A Winton man is also playing a role in the world record attempt. On Friday, John Pennycuff had just six small tattoos. Now, he estimates about a quarter of his body is covered.
The two men broke the record of 48 hours, 26 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but they're trying to make it to 51 hours, 50 minutes. They say they don't want to just break the record, they want to destroy it.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, winton, atwater, livingston, merced county, bizarre
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations 47 min ago
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 35 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says