Prosthetic leg lost at sea, returned to owner
LEXINGTON, KY -- A fisherman was surprised when he hauled up a prosthetic leg from the Gulf of Mexico, and even more surprised when he was able to find its owner.
The leg is emblazoned with the logo from the University of Kentucky and the school's wildcat mascot. Fisherman Matt Willingham says he contacted the manufacturer about finding the leg's owner.
WKYT-TV in Lexington reports that it belonged to Fred Robinson, who played on the school's football team in the 1980s and had lost his leg in a work accident five years ago.
Robinson says he was shocked to find out someone found his $30,000 prosthetic leg.
Robinson, who now lives in Florida, says he lost the prosthetic while swimming over the Memorial Day weekend.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 26 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 20 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong storms move through SE Texas 9 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 7 min ago
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents 3 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 44 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Casey Curry's Wednesday weather forecast
52 min ago