Skinny, the 41 pound cat, up for adoption in Dallas area
RICHARDSON, TX -- A Dallas-area animal shelter has a 41-pound fat cat named Skinny who needs a home.
Officials at the Richardson Animal Shelter are caring for the 5-year-old female orange tabby.
Kim Chapin with Richardson Animal Services said Friday that Skinny is "very sweet" and the largest cat she's seen in her 21 years with the shelter.
City officials received a call about a stray cat in a yard and picked up the animal Sept. 13. Shelter officials thought Skinny was a male until a veterinarian examined the animal Friday.
Chapin says Skinny appears healthy except she is overweight and likely has diabetes. Blood tests were ordered.
Chapin says somebody apparently had been caring for the cat. Officials are not sure who owned the huge kitty.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 22 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 7 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction 34 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire