Skinny, the 41 pound cat, up for adoption in Dallas area
RICHARDSON, TX -- A Dallas-area animal shelter has a 41-pound fat cat named Skinny who needs a home.
Officials at the Richardson Animal Shelter are caring for the 5-year-old female orange tabby.
Kim Chapin with Richardson Animal Services said Friday that Skinny is "very sweet" and the largest cat she's seen in her 21 years with the shelter.
City officials received a call about a stray cat in a yard and picked up the animal Sept. 13. Shelter officials thought Skinny was a male until a veterinarian examined the animal Friday.
Chapin says Skinny appears healthy except she is overweight and likely has diabetes. Blood tests were ordered.
Chapin says somebody apparently had been caring for the cat. Officials are not sure who owned the huge kitty.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck