Kansas City man's obit pokes fun at NFL's Chiefs
KANSAS CITY, MO (KTRK) -- Humor and death may seem like opposites, but an obituary printed last week in the Kansas City Star has people there mourning...and laughing.
Football fan and Air Force veteran Loren Lickteig's obituary reads "Loren G. Lickteig passed away November 14, 2012, of complications from MS and heartbreaking disappointment caused by the Kansas City Chiefs."
The obit was written by Lickteig's daughters, who say their dad would have loved these last words.
"If we weren't laughing, we'd be crying," said Diana Hennessey, Lickteig's daughter. "And my dad was a huge Chiefs fan, and he loved his Chiefs. And he also had a very, very quick sense of humor."
That obituary was printed on the same day the chiefs lost 28-6 to the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game