Kansas City man's obit pokes fun at NFL's Chiefs
KANSAS CITY, MO (KTRK) -- Humor and death may seem like opposites, but an obituary printed last week in the Kansas City Star has people there mourning...and laughing.
Football fan and Air Force veteran Loren Lickteig's obituary reads "Loren G. Lickteig passed away November 14, 2012, of complications from MS and heartbreaking disappointment caused by the Kansas City Chiefs."
The obit was written by Lickteig's daughters, who say their dad would have loved these last words.
"If we weren't laughing, we'd be crying," said Diana Hennessey, Lickteig's daughter. "And my dad was a huge Chiefs fan, and he loved his Chiefs. And he also had a very, very quick sense of humor."
That obituary was printed on the same day the chiefs lost 28-6 to the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 25 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 31 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 1 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs 35 min ago
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Houston emergency rooms filling up
39 min ago
- Treating asthma by burning the lungs
35 min ago