Chains can't keep man from stealing pens
SLIDELL, LA -- A Mississippi man who went to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office in Slidell asking for a copy of a police report was arrested after being caught on surveillance video detaching pens from metal chains and putting them into his pocket.
The Times-Picayune reports 33-year-old Edward Alan Lucas, of Picayune, Miss., was booked Tuesday with one count of misdemeanor theft.
Capt. George Bonnett says clerks at the office said Lucas was acting suspiciously, walking up and down the area in front of the records division counter, while they were pulling the file he requested.
After he left the building, he says the clerks noticed three pens were missing.
Bonnett says detectives questioned Lucas and he admitted to stealing the pens.
It was unclear whether Lucas has an attorney.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'