Chains can't keep man from stealing pens
SLIDELL, LA -- A Mississippi man who went to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office in Slidell asking for a copy of a police report was arrested after being caught on surveillance video detaching pens from metal chains and putting them into his pocket.
The Times-Picayune reports 33-year-old Edward Alan Lucas, of Picayune, Miss., was booked Tuesday with one count of misdemeanor theft.
Capt. George Bonnett says clerks at the office said Lucas was acting suspiciously, walking up and down the area in front of the records division counter, while they were pulling the file he requested.
After he left the building, he says the clerks noticed three pens were missing.
Bonnett says detectives questioned Lucas and he admitted to stealing the pens.
It was unclear whether Lucas has an attorney.
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 46 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue 43 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice to linger over much of Texas
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats