Guilty prankster returns stolen toilet paper
PORTALES, NM -- University officials say a New Mexico college graduate, apparently feeling guilty over a student prank years ago, has sent a box of toilet paper to repay the school for loot taken from a dormitory.
Eastern New Mexico University says it received the yuletide gift box this week along with a Christmas card and written apology.
The box contained five packages of 16 rolls of two-ply, septic-safe tissue for a total of 80 rolls.
The anonymous writer apologized for stealing bathroom tissue years ago and said a new dedication to Christian faith led to the deed.
It was unclear whether the gift itself was a prank. But university officials say "all is forgiven."
The toilet paper is being donating to a nearby charity because it doesn't fit the school's dispensers.
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase 6 min ago
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bridge collapses in Washington State 3 min ago
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos