Racetrack announcer plays along when deer jump on the track
WASHINGTON, PA -- Spectators who came to watch horses at a western Pennsylvania racetrack got a surprise this week when three deer got onto the course first and beat the horses to racing.
According to KDKA-TV, a race was about to begin Wednesday night at the Meadows Racetrack in Washington County when the deer jumped onto the track.
Race announcer Roger Huston didn't miss a beat. He began calling the race as it unfolded, saying things like: "As they race down the track, Bambi has the lead. Here comes Rudolph from the outside."
The deer ran fast but kept changing directions. At one point, they appeared headed to the paddock, where the horses were being held.
Several minutes into the show, the deer decided to leave the track to the horses.
Huston says Bambi won the race.
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 49 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket 34 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 45 min ago
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat