People mistake labradoodle for lion roaming streets of Norfolk
NORFOLK, VA (KTRK) -- Authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, were on alert for a dangerous beast roaming the streets.
Police got a call from someone who swore he saw a baby lion on the street. But believe it or not, that lion on the loose turned out to be Charles, a labradoodle with a cut resembling the shaggy mane of a lion.
Police even called the Norfolk Zoo and had them make sure all the lions were still in their cages before they realized it was a huge case of mistaken identity.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus 10 min ago
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Child left sleeping on Pasadena ISD school bus
- Driver ends up in San Antonio swimming pool
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos