People mistake labradoodle for lion roaming streets of Norfolk
NORFOLK, VA (KTRK) -- Authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, were on alert for a dangerous beast roaming the streets.
Police got a call from someone who swore he saw a baby lion on the street. But believe it or not, that lion on the loose turned out to be Charles, a labradoodle with a cut resembling the shaggy mane of a lion.
Police even called the Norfolk Zoo and had them make sure all the lions were still in their cages before they realized it was a huge case of mistaken identity.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 52 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 39 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies 44 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
5 min ago