Minor league baseball team plans Manti Te'o promotion
FLORENCE, KS -- A Kentucky-based minor league baseball team is jumping on the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax story.
It is offering a bobblehead giveaway of the girlfriend. Only the boxes will be empty.
The Florence Freedom says on its website that the boxes will go to the first 1,000 fans on May 23.
They also will rope off a special section just for people to bring imaginary friends.
Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson says fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.
Te'o, a Notre Dame football star, said this week he was duped in a bizarre lie involving a fake dead girlfriend. The national media did several stories on how Te'o played through the pain of her death.
The Florence Freedom is part of the Independent Frontier League.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 43 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 7 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 20 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?