Minor league baseball team plans Manti Te'o promotion
FLORENCE, KS -- A Kentucky-based minor league baseball team is jumping on the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax story.
It is offering a bobblehead giveaway of the girlfriend. Only the boxes will be empty.
The Florence Freedom says on its website that the boxes will go to the first 1,000 fans on May 23.
They also will rope off a special section just for people to bring imaginary friends.
Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson says fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.
Te'o, a Notre Dame football star, said this week he was duped in a bizarre lie involving a fake dead girlfriend. The national media did several stories on how Te'o played through the pain of her death.
The Florence Freedom is part of the Independent Frontier League.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 38 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 54 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing 41 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
37 min ago