Deer in trunk not really dead
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Talk about junk in the trunk.
A public safety officer checking a suspicious car parked behind a southwestern Michigan motel early Tuesday was more than a little surprised when a deer climbed out of the trunk, stumbled onto the road and bolted into nearby woods.
TV stations WWMT, WZZM and WOOD report that the driver told Kalamazoo officer David Miller he hit the deer on the road -- thought he had killed it -- and was taking it home for his family to eat.
Squad car dashboard camera footage shows Miller opening the trunk, then quickly trying to close it as he spots the deer. The animal escapes from the trunk, rear first, stumbles and rolls, then dashes off.
Lt. Stacey Geik says the collision probably just stunned the deer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond