Deer in trunk not really dead
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Talk about junk in the trunk.
A public safety officer checking a suspicious car parked behind a southwestern Michigan motel early Tuesday was more than a little surprised when a deer climbed out of the trunk, stumbled onto the road and bolted into nearby woods.
TV stations WWMT, WZZM and WOOD report that the driver told Kalamazoo officer David Miller he hit the deer on the road -- thought he had killed it -- and was taking it home for his family to eat.
Squad car dashboard camera footage shows Miller opening the trunk, then quickly trying to close it as he spots the deer. The animal escapes from the trunk, rear first, stumbles and rolls, then dashes off.
Lt. Stacey Geik says the collision probably just stunned the deer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 37 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal 11 min ago
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 16 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 24 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party