Texas couple completes bucket list with Maine trip
AUGUST, ME -- A Texas couple has fulfilled a lifelong dream by visiting Maine to watch the state Legislature at work. Seriously.
The Portland Press Herald reports that 86-year-old Marcine Webb and his wife, 81-year-old Nita Lou Webb, were in Augusta last week to complete their quest to visit every state capitol. Maine's was the last one.
When House Speaker Mark Eves announced the reason for their visit, the state representatives stood and cheered.
The trip for the San Angelo, Texas, couple was a 65th wedding anniversary present from their children. They will reach the milestone in August.
They visited No. 49, Juneau, Alaska, five year ago, but then stopped traveling because of Marcine Webb's poor health. He's been feeling better lately.
Nita Lou Webb says the people of Maine are "honest and caring."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 45 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 29 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 6 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?