Father, son make holes-in-one on Father's Day
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A local father and son will always remember this past Father's Day because that's when they hit consecutive holes-in-one.
Lonnie Whitener and his son Zach hit those amazing shots Sunday at River Pointe Golf Club in Richmond. Their amazing shots were witnessed by a group playing behind the Whiteners.
"I walked away and I didn't think it was goin' in, then my dad and people behind us yelled it went in. Then I looked back and I didn't see it," Zach Whitener said.
"You know on Father's Day, something like it's just always gonna be with us," Lonnie Whitener said.
Lonnie Whitener said he heard the odds of this happening are about 17 million to one.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail