Car drives several miles with dog trapped by axle
DANIA BEACH, FL -- South Florida firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that traveled 5 miles while trapped under the hood of a car.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called Thursday afternoon to Dania Beach to free the dog. The animal had been trapped between the car's axle and steering mechanism.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the dog suffered no injuries, even though it had been driven roughly 5 miles from Hallandale Beach.
It wasn't immediately clear how the dog became trapped.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind 12 min ago
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 1 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- New Houston light rail line opens for business 41 min ago
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Video: Wind damage in River Oaks area
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?