Car drives several miles with dog trapped by axle
DANIA BEACH, FL -- South Florida firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that traveled 5 miles while trapped under the hood of a car.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called Thursday afternoon to Dania Beach to free the dog. The animal had been trapped between the car's axle and steering mechanism.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the dog suffered no injuries, even though it had been driven roughly 5 miles from Hallandale Beach.
It wasn't immediately clear how the dog became trapped.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets