Pet wallaroo on the run in Washington state
DEER PARK, WA -- It may look like a kangaroo, but it's not.
An escaped wallaroo is missing in the Deer Park area, about 15 miles north of Spokane, Washington.
The animal's owner says her pet named Hopkins was frightened by some equipment her landlord was using Sunday and ran off. She told The Spokesman-Reviewshe slept outside Sunday night in hope of seeing Hopkins but fears it may have fallen prey to coyotes in the rural area.
A wallaroo is between a wallaby and kangaroo in size.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 4 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Police use spikes to end chase in southwest Houston 24 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 18 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes