Text mistakenly sent to cop leads to arrest in NJ
SPARTA, NJ -- Authorities say a New Jersey man mistakenly sent a text message to a police detective to set up a drug sale and now faces charges.
Authorities say a detective received the text message on his new cellphone Friday night. The sender had said he had a quarter pound of marijuana for sale and wanted to meet at a pizza parlor.
Nicholas Delear Jr., of Sussex, met later that night with an undercover police officer but fled when he became suspicious. Police soon stopped his vehicle, but the 33-year-old Delear refused to consent to his vehicle being searched.
Authorities obtained a warrant after a police dog detected drugs in the vehicle. They found four plastic bags containing marijuana and other paraphernalia.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 25 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 24 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 7 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin