Police: Man fakes kidnapping so he could party with friends
SAN ANTONIO, TX (KTRK) -- Here's a crazy one from San Antonio. Last Tuesday night, Maria Hernandez reported her husband had been kidnapped.
She told officers two masked gunmen entered their home and took 34-year-old Rogelio Andaverde. About a dozen deputies and a DPS helicopter joined the search. Then, two days later, Andaverde showed up at his home, saying he'd been released.
Well, it turns out it was all a hoax. The gunmen were two of his friends getting him out of the house so they could go party.
Andaverde has been charged with filing a false report. His two gun toting friends may also face charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak