Man blames bathroom emergency for high-speed chase
LOGAN, UT -- A Utah man has been sentenced to seven days in jail after a high-speed chase that he blamed on a bathroom emergency.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Laub told a judge Monday that he ate something that upset his stomach and was racing to get to a rest area in Logan Canyon.
The Herald Journal reports 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore called the explanation "one of the worst stories" he ever heard.
The judge pointed out that Laub passed several outhouses while he led a Utah Highway Patrol trooper on a chase last spring that reached 111 mph.
Laub, who's from Garden City, pleaded guilty in August to failure to stop and impaired driving.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 1 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in 37 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 26 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela 2 min ago
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela 32 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs? 51 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Dead baby's mother testifies in murder trial 20 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 17 min ago
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools