Man blames bathroom emergency for high-speed chase
LOGAN, UT -- A Utah man has been sentenced to seven days in jail after a high-speed chase that he blamed on a bathroom emergency.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Laub told a judge Monday that he ate something that upset his stomach and was racing to get to a rest area in Logan Canyon.
The Herald Journal reports 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore called the explanation "one of the worst stories" he ever heard.
The judge pointed out that Laub passed several outhouses while he led a Utah Highway Patrol trooper on a chase last spring that reached 111 mph.
Laub, who's from Garden City, pleaded guilty in August to failure to stop and impaired driving.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 21 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 48 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter' 59 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects