Man blames bathroom emergency for high-speed chase
LOGAN, UT -- A Utah man has been sentenced to seven days in jail after a high-speed chase that he blamed on a bathroom emergency.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Laub told a judge Monday that he ate something that upset his stomach and was racing to get to a rest area in Logan Canyon.
The Herald Journal reports 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore called the explanation "one of the worst stories" he ever heard.
The judge pointed out that Laub passed several outhouses while he led a Utah Highway Patrol trooper on a chase last spring that reached 111 mph.
Laub, who's from Garden City, pleaded guilty in August to failure to stop and impaired driving.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 36 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 25 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 1 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 290 missing, 6 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 18 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
50 min ago
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos