Thief nabs $26,000 worth of rare bourbon
FRANKFORT, KY -- The bourbon heist looks like an inside job.
Someone has swiped about 65 cases of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon. Investigators say the missing booze is among the rarest and most expensive bourbons produced in Kentucky.
Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton says the stolen bourbon is worth about $26,000.
Melton tells The Courier-Journal the bourbon was taken from a secure area at the Buffalo Trace Distillery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 42 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom 24 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers 20 min ago
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston