Thieves steal 160 sheep near UK town of Wool
LONDON, England -- Wool's wool is missing.
Police in southwest England appealed for help Tuesday in tracking down thieves who made off with 160 sheep from a field near the village of Wool.
Police say the sheep were stolen between Saturday and Monday, and that the thieves would have needed a large vehicle to move the woolly haul.
Constable Adam Taylor says all of the sheep were electronically tagged.
He is urging anyone who has witnessed suspicious activity - or been offered sheep "in unusual circumstances or for very low prices" - to come forward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 3 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 6 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 52 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church