School makes changes to wrecking ball display after student rides it naked, inspired by Miley Cyrus video
ALLENDALE, MI (KTRK) -- A college in Michigan is re-installing its wrecking ball sculpture after a prank forced it to put the thing in storage for a while.
Grand Valley State University has had a pendulum sculpture on campus for years, but after a student was recorded riding it naked to imitate Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball video, the campus took it down.
At the time, the school claimed it was for scheduled maintenance to the sculpture, but it appears that maintenance was to put up a fence around it and warning signs telling students to stay off.
"I hope they keep their clothes on," said Tim Thimmesch with GVSU. "Second off, were going to have some do not enter signage and if they do, they will be referred to the dean of students office."
The pendulum is expected to be completely installed next month
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 18 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 47 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 45 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 15 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant