Nebraska man's broken oven forced him into crime
LINCOLN, NE -- Bad checks bought a lot of pizza. That's according to authorities in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Damaun P. Goods has pleaded guilty to theft, after he was accused of writing nearly 30 bad checks. Police say Goods told them he used the checks to buy pizza because his oven didn't work.
Authorities say the pizza purchases added up to more $1,200. The Lincoln Journal Star reports Goods was sentenced to nearly a year in jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 19 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 59 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
44 min ago