Nebraska man's broken oven forced him into crime
LINCOLN, NE -- Bad checks bought a lot of pizza. That's according to authorities in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Damaun P. Goods has pleaded guilty to theft, after he was accused of writing nearly 30 bad checks. Police say Goods told them he used the checks to buy pizza because his oven didn't work.
Authorities say the pizza purchases added up to more $1,200. The Lincoln Journal Star reports Goods was sentenced to nearly a year in jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 14 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 46 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink 27 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 10 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat