Police: Pa. man stole hand sanitizer to make cocktails
ALTOONA, PA -- Authorities say a man stole 12 bottles of hand sanitizer from a central Pennsylvania hospital so he could mix it with orange juice and drink it for the alcohol it contained.
The Altoona Mirror reports 51-year-old Lee Ammerman has been mailed a summons requiring him to surrender Feb. 5 on charges of theft and receiving stolen property.
Police say an employee at UPMC Altoona hospital saw Ammerman steal a bottle of sanitizer in October by hiding it in an arm sling he was wearing. They say Ammerman returned to steal more sanitizer twice in December.
Police say they confronted Ammerman, who acknowledged stealing the sanitizer, saying, "I mix the liquid with orange juice."
The hospital is seeking about $80 in restitution.
Ammerman doesn't have a listed phone or an attorney named in court records.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 29 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 9 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 46 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 39 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 10 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
39 min ago