Facebook adds trending topics to site
NEW YORK -- In a move that echoes Twitter, Facebook will add trending topics to its website to let users know what other users are posting about at the moment, whether it's the death of a world leader or the Golden Globe awards.
Users in the U.S., U.K., India, Canada and Australia will start to see a list of trending topics on the right side of their Facebook pages in coming weeks. The feature, which is not visible on the mobile version of Facebook, will be available in more countries at a later date.
Facebook said Thursday that the topics people see will be tailored to the user's interests and location.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 9 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 6 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 37 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 44 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 53 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store