Big, runaway snowball slams into Oregon college dorm
PORTLAND, OR -- Two math majors at Reed College lost control of a massive snowball that rolled into a dorm, knocking in part of a bedroom wall.
No one was injured.
The students began making the snowball last week during a rare snowstorm in Portland, Ore.
Nobody weighed the object, but college spokesman Kevin Myers says it was estimated to weigh 800 pounds or more.
The students responsible for the runaway snowball reported the incident and have not been disciplined. Myers says they didn't intend to cause damage and feel awful about what happened.
A maintenance manager told Reed Magazine it will cost several thousand dollars to repair the building.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 34 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 40 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?