Netflix to provide service to the UK, Ireland
LOS GATOS, CA -- Netflix Inc. plans to offer its online subscription service to the United Kingdom and Ireland starting early next year, providing access to movies and television shows.
The company said Monday that subscribers will get unlimited TV shows and movies streaming online to their televisions and computers, Macs, tablets and cellular phones for a monthly fee.
The California-based company said details about pricing, content and supported devices will be disclosed closer to launch.
Netflix started streaming to the U.S. in 2007 and added Canada in 2010 and 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean in September.
Those in the U.K. or Ireland interested in the service can sign up at Netflix's web site to receive an email alert that will let them know when the service has launched, the company said.
california, your money
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 17 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 18 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 40 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 5 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale