BP announces $750M turbine deal for wind farms
HOUSTON -- BP Wind Energy has reached a $750 million deal with General Electric Co. to supply and maintain 350 turbines for wind farms in Pennsylvania and Kansas.
The agreement was announced Thursday.
Houston-based BP Wind Energy says GE has agreed to deliver 88 turbines to the Mehoopany Wind Farm, located 20 miles northwest of Scranton, Pa. The other 262 turbines are meant for BP's Flat Ridge 2 Wind Farm in south-central Kansas.
BP says both projects are expected to be generating power by late 2012, with a combined capability of 560 megawatts.
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program