Louis Dreyfus Commodities buying Imperial Sugar
SUGAR LAND, TX -- Louis Dreyfus Commodities LLC is buying refined sugar processor Imperial Sugar Co. for about $77.5 million.
Houston area-based Imperial Sugar's board unanimously approved the acquisition, which is targeted to close in the second quarter.
Louis Dreyfus will pay $6.35 per share, which is a 57 percent premium to Imperial Sugar's closing price of $4.05 per share on Monday. Imperial Sugar currently has approximately 12.2 million outstanding shares.
The companies said Tuesday that the total value of the deal is about $203 million, which includes debt and pension liabilities.
Last month Imperial Sugar, which is based in Sugar Land, said it netted $60.4 million from the sale of its 50 percent stake in Wholesome Sweeteners Inc. to an affiliate of the Arlon Group.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 58 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns