Louis Dreyfus Commodities buying Imperial Sugar
SUGAR LAND, TX -- Louis Dreyfus Commodities LLC is buying refined sugar processor Imperial Sugar Co. for about $77.5 million.
Houston area-based Imperial Sugar's board unanimously approved the acquisition, which is targeted to close in the second quarter.
Louis Dreyfus will pay $6.35 per share, which is a 57 percent premium to Imperial Sugar's closing price of $4.05 per share on Monday. Imperial Sugar currently has approximately 12.2 million outstanding shares.
The companies said Tuesday that the total value of the deal is about $203 million, which includes debt and pension liabilities.
Last month Imperial Sugar, which is based in Sugar Land, said it netted $60.4 million from the sale of its 50 percent stake in Wholesome Sweeteners Inc. to an affiliate of the Arlon Group.
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight 11 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps 5 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 28 min ago
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue