Louis Dreyfus Commodities buying Imperial Sugar
SUGAR LAND, TX -- Louis Dreyfus Commodities LLC is buying refined sugar processor Imperial Sugar Co. for about $77.5 million.
Houston area-based Imperial Sugar's board unanimously approved the acquisition, which is targeted to close in the second quarter.
Louis Dreyfus will pay $6.35 per share, which is a 57 percent premium to Imperial Sugar's closing price of $4.05 per share on Monday. Imperial Sugar currently has approximately 12.2 million outstanding shares.
The companies said Tuesday that the total value of the deal is about $203 million, which includes debt and pension liabilities.
Last month Imperial Sugar, which is based in Sugar Land, said it netted $60.4 million from the sale of its 50 percent stake in Wholesome Sweeteners Inc. to an affiliate of the Arlon Group.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 53 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 56 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
36 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos